Friday, March 12, 2010

A Wales Nursing Home

This is the Woodfield Nursing Home in Narberth where one of our sisters who is 93 lives. We went to visit her and it gave me my first opportunity to visit a Nursing Home in Wales. What an experience for me. Let me just say that I felt I walked back in history about 50 years. The sweet sister couldn't have weighed more than 50 pounds--I think they need the Crandall menus over here. She kept singing "It's a Long Way to
Tipperary". She is suffering from Alzheimer's but clearly remembered where she was from and her son's name.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Patrice said...

I bet you so wanted to whip them into shape!!

Crandalls said...

I asked them if they were regulated like the US and they said it is starting to get that way. It will take some time. They were very loving and caring. The physical envirnment was just so different from the beautiful facilities that we have. They had done a lot of remodeling and the manager was lovely as were the staff. The resident is just very old, tiny and just as cute as she can be.