Friday, December 11, 2009

Our time at the MTC

We went into the MTC on Monday and had most of our classes in this building. Rex and I are at the famous MTC map with us pointing to England where we are going to serve for the next 18 months. Below are some friends we made and where they are going. There were 30 couples in training this week and they were going anywhere from Mongolia to Norway to Peru to Spain to Russia to Africa to the Philippines to Guatemala to Korea to Samoa to Canada. We loved meeting them all. You can see the picture of the whole group of us. Rex and I are on the top row. I will never forget the fireside we had on Tuesday night as we watched 2030 young 19 year old missionaries come into that auditorium. Talk about Helaman's warriors. There were no dry eyes among the senior missionaries. How we loved and were moved to tears with the amazing training we received. You would be totally amazed at the organization of this great missionary program. Most of our instructors were x-mission presidents, young returned missionaries and returned senior couples who have served multiple missions. They were all inspiring. We have learned so much, made many new friends, and cried for joy a lot. We can't wait to get to England. We have had 16 hour non stop days but tonight we are at Kristie's and Joe's. We will go to the temple tomorrow, wash clothes and do a little shopping and then return to the MTC tomorrow night. Sunday has some amazing meetings and then we will be on our way to England on Monday. Yeah!!!!!


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oh, I am SO SO happy to hear from you! We have been wondering how you are doing all week. My mom called and told me you talked to my dad. How exciting! I'm glad you've learned how to blog-I'll be checking up to see how you are doing.

linda crandall said...

Oh!! So exciting! I see the blogging is working :) Keep it up..we miss you and want to know every part of your wonderful mission.

WE LOVE YOU

Patrice said...

What a spiritual high! That is wonderful and I am so happy for you.

Joyce A said...

Wow, I didn't realize you were leaving on Monday. I thought you would be at the MTC for three weeks. How exciting for you and what a wonderful experience you are having and I'm sure there will be many, many more fabulous experiences. I love you very much.

jen said...

This is making me SO want to serve a mission when we get to where you are in life. It is so exciting to hear how you are doing. Love the map pictures. I sent your Christmas card to your new London address so you'll have mail when you get there. Have a safe flight!

Lori said...

Oh how fun! So excited for you two and the wonderful adventure you are on! Can't wait to hear and see England! Keep us posted!

Allyson said...

YAY, its our elder grandpa and sister grandma.....we miss you. Hope you had a great flight. Keep these blogs coming!